bucket l*st trip

finding it hard to post this one, which is so strange. taking a bucket-list trip with my daughter should be something i want to tell the world about, in all my excitement over it. instead, i want to keep the memories deep and protected inside, as if by revealing them they may disappear. such a strange place to be. but i will say this...our trip was everything we could have wanted, and more. we traveled about 8,500 miles from san francisco to canada to london, to guernsey, around england to ireland, northern ireland, scotland, france, and back to england. the princess (cruises) truly let us escape, and the young prince was born during our time in london. to have been where my family literally left from the shores of ireland to the u.s., to be at the church they were baptized, to sail on the celtic sea and pass hedgerow upon hedgerow in the irish and scottish countryside filled me up. being there with my daughter puts me over the moon. will we return? oh, yes - and the next time, with my honey. 








































thank you for this. my happy place - guernsey. photo credit: sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment