self portrait

Recent class assignment called for a self-portrait. Not my favorite of tasks, let me tell you. Here is the end result, with the defining elements including the minimization of me in relationship to this lovely, historic room in the preserved Victorian Peralta House. The oversized scrapbook gives an odd, Alice in Wonderland quality that I was after, with the pages opened to one of several of my mother in law in the 1960's as part of the women's auxilary group that supports and cares for the property. She is still a very active member.

Old homes, filled with memories and history are my place. They remind me of childhood in Alameda, in the little Queen Anne from which I began. As required for the assignment, it is SOOC (straight off the camera), all manual settings, which is generally how I shoot anyway. A parlour shot with Miss S follows as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment